Ombudsman has been sitting on AMLC’s evidence on Duterte’s P2B hidden wealth since April 2016 -Trillanes
Opposition Sen. Sonny Trillanes on Saturday said Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales has received evidence on President Rodrigo Duterte’s alleged P2 billion “hidden wealth” as early as April 2016.
Trillanes said he felt vindicated when he received the information that the Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) had submitted its findings on the President’s secret deposits hat he did not reveal in his statement of assets, liabilities and net worth.
“First time ito. Iyung AMLC documents na nagpapatunay sa bilyong pisong pera ni Duterte nasa Ombudsman na,” he said in a radio interview.
“Andun, last year pa. Retribution ko ito. Tanungin n’yo sa Ombudsman,” Trillanes said in radio interview.
“I now call on the Ombudsman to release these documents so the public would know how corrupt Duterte is,” Trillanes said.
Trillanes had accused Duterte, then Davao City mayor, of keeping P2 billion unexplained wealth in undisclosed accounts at the Julia Vargas branch of the Bank of the Philippine Islands which he exposed just days before the May 9 elections last year.
“Based on credible sources, as early as April last year, the Office of the Ombudsman has received official AMLC documents showing flagged transactions in Duterte’s various bank accounts which totals more than P2 billion in deposits and credits,” he said.