2016 pa yan! Duterte clueless why critics won’t use waiver to open bank accounts
President Rodrigo Duterte is exasperated as to why his critics are not using the waiver he signed last year to get details of his bank accounts, amid allegations that it contains millions of undeclared deposits.
In a speech in Cebu City Sunday (October 22), Duterte insisted that he does not have “lots of money.”
“But I already said that I have provided my waiver. I don’t know why they won’t use it. I already provided my waiver when I ran for the presidency,” he said in Bisaya.
Duterte said his critics keep on talking instead of bringing his waiver to the banks where he keeps his money.
“It’s already there. They said it’s expired. I did not even provide the date stating that it’s only good for — it’s open,” he said.
Duterte issued the waiver before the May 10, 2016 elections in response to Senator Antonio Trillanes IV’s allegation that he has over P200 million in undeclared bank deposits.
Trillanes and other administration critics, however, said Duterte’s waiver is invalid.