Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Abella confirms DILG offer to Diño… before he was fired: There ain’t any papers for Medialdea to sign

Sep 28, 2017 @ 17:37

Malacañang has confirmed that former Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) chairperson Martin Diño has been offered a post at the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), but it has been “superseded” because he was fired.

Presidential spokesperson Ernesto Abella on Thursday (September 28) maintained that there is no longer any standing offer for Diño to become DILG Undersecretary for Barangay Affairs.

Asked to respond on Diño’s claim that Abella was just unaware of the offer because he was absent at the meeting where it was made by President Rodrigo Duterte, the Palace official said: “As far as I am privy to, the offer was made earlier, much earlier. However, that was apparently before this situation occurred, where he was replaced.”

Abella said he will clarify DILG officer-in-charge Undersecretary Catalino Cuy’s statement that Diño’s appointment papers are ready.

“But as — as per the Office of the Executive Secretary, there was none,” he said.

Earlier in the day, Diño said in a radio interview that Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea and Special Aassistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go were aware of the offer for him to work at the DILG since they were present at his meeting with Duterte.

Diño was replaced at the SBMA’s helm by Duterte with administrator Wilma Eisma.

Facebook Comments
Recommended Articles
Disclaimer:
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

RECOMMENDED

Trending News

Politiko Poll

politiko-politics-ph-logo

Copyright © 2017 Politiko - politics.com.ph.

Want Politiko alerts on your inbox? Subscribe here.