Hot Breaking News for Filipinos

Atong Ang denies plan to control STL ops: Si Duterte humingi ng tulong sa akin

0 895

Gambling lord Charlie “Atong” Ang has denied an alleged ploy to control small town lottery (STL) operations in the country with the help of his friend, Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) board member Sandra Cam.

In an interview over dzMM radio Wednesday (December 27), Ang accused PCSO General Manager Alexander Balutan and Chairman Jose Jorge Corpuz of corruption by controlling how STL operators remitted earnings to the government.

He denied Balutan’s allegation that he and Cam wanted the general manager replaced so he could monopolize STL operations.

Ang said it was President Rodrigo Duterte who soought his help on ensuring STL operations remain above board.

“Sinabihan si Ms. Sandra Cam ni Presidente, kasi magkakilala kami ni Presidente nung mayor pa lang yan. ‘O tawagan mo si Atong. Samahan mo doon kay Corpuz. Tingnan mo kung ano maitutulong niya kasi siya nakakaintindi sa ganyan,” he quoted Duterte as saying.

Ang said he already sensed something sinister with Balutan when they met.

“Mahilig sa katarantaduhan yan,” he said.

Ang said he found it odd that PCSO wanted STL operators to have a quota.

“Bakit kayo magbibigay ng quota para ma-declare lahat yan? Ang STL, ang puno’t dulo nyan katarantaduhan,” he said.

Ang’s allegation against Balutan and Corpuz came at the heels of Cam’s accusation that the two officials are receiving kickbacks from STL operators who do not declare their earnings properly to the government.

Cam said STL operators only declare 20 percent of their profits while the remaining 80 percent goes to gambling lords.