Basta umabot sa tao ang pera! Duterte doesn’t mind Balutan spending P6M for PCSO Christmas party
President Rodrigo Duterte has cleared Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office general manager Alexander Balutan over the agency’s “lavish” Christmas party last year, which had a P6-million tab.
In a speech in Cebu City Monday (February 12), Duterte said he doesn’t mind the millions spent on the party as long as the money reached the people.
Ako, wala ‘yan sa akin. Basta ang kwarta nakaabot lang sa mga canned goods, mga sanina, kakainin rin ‘yan eh. Tutal, kan-on man gihapon na, isul-ob man na,” he said in a mix of Bisaya and English.
Balutan was present at the launching of the Malasakit Programs for Visayas in Cebu City and he was acknowledged by Duterte.
PCSO board member Sandra Cam accused Balutan of spending P10 million for the Christmas party, which was held at the EDSA Shangri-La hotel.
Balutan refuted Cam’s claim, saying only P6 million was shelled out for the event. He also obtained the PCSO board’s approval for the party.