Bong Go says Duterte won’t meet with militants after SONA: Gusto mo pa bang humarap sa magsusunog ng mukha mo?
Unlike last year, President Rodrigo Duterte will no longer face protesters near the Batasang Pambansa after he delivers his third State of the Nation Address (SONA).
Special Assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go on Saturday (July 8) said Duterte has no plans of meeting his critics.
“Nakita niyo naman mga plano nila. Gusto mo pa bang humarap doon kung susunugin yung mukha mo?” Go said at the sidelines of an event in Camp Crame.
Opposition groups plan to hold a “United People’s SONA” along Commonwealth Avenue to protest Duterte’s alleged failures.
Militant groups, which plan to burn an effigy of Duterte during the rally, have said they will be joined by other opposition and religious groups.
During last year’s SONA, Duterte surprised the public by facing the protesters at the makeshift stage they built near Batasang Pambansa. He was booed a couple of times during his speech.
While Go said Duterte’s critics have a right to protest, he also encouraged administration supporters to attend a mass action on SONA day.
See related stories: