Saturday, August 19, 2017
politiko-politics-ph-logo

Bongbong to DILG? Here’s what Duterte has to say

Feb 28, 2017 @ 9:50

President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday (February 27) said former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. is “not interested” to be at the helm of the Department of Interior and Local Government.

“He is not interested,” Duterte said when asked about the matter in an interview in Malacañang.

Politiko has reported that the President has offered Marcos to head the DILG after the one-year ban on appointing defeated election candidates expires in May this year.

Incumbent DILG Secretary Ismael Sueno said he has no qualms being replaced since he serves at the President’s pleasure.

Duterte previously said he wanted to appoint Marcos as Tourism Secretary but could not wait for the year-long appointment ban to lapse.

Disclaimer:
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

RECOMMENDED

Trending News

Politiko Poll

politiko-politics-ph-logo

Copyright © 2017 Politiko - politics.com.ph.

Want Politiko alerts on your inbox? Subscribe here.