Bongbong on House’s detention of Ilocos 6: Ang lupit niyo naman!
Cruel and unusual.
That’s how former senator Bongbong Marcos described the continued detention of six Ilocos Norte Capitol employees at the House of Representatives (HOR) upon the prodding of fellow Ilocano politiko, Majority Floor Leader Rodolfo Fariñas.
“We are pursuing every legal recourse that will be available to us for them to be released. Whatever case that needs to be filed then we will answer that in court. Sasagutin na lang sa korte…pero in the meantime, this is cruel and unusual,” Marcos said in an interview after visiting the so-called “Ilocos 6.”
The six refers to the Ilocos Norte Provincial Government employees who were cited for contempt late last month by the House Committee on Good Government and Public Accountability for refusing to tell the truth on the alleged anomalous purchase of motor vehicles amounting to P66.45 million.
The money was sourced from the Capitol’s share of tobacco excise taxes.
Fariñas was the one who motioned for the detention of the six during a Committee hearing last May 29. The six have remained at the HOR’s holding center since.
Marcos couldn’t help but vent on circumstances surrounding the employees’ detention.
“Ang mga dine-detain dito iyong mga nagbo- bomba, iyong pumapatay ng tao. Eto dahil mukhang hindi lang nagustuhan ang sagot niila dun sa hearing kinulong na lang sila,” he said.
Bongbong is the brother of Imee Marcos, the current Ilocos Norte Governor. She reportedly green-lighted the vehicle purchase via three cash advances.