Drilon: Duterte admin out for revenge
Senate Minority Leader Franklin Drilon on Monday countered charges implicating him in the P10-billion pork barrel scam, saying that the move is clearly an outright propaganda and political harassment intended to silence members of the opposition.
“The intention is obvious from the personalities being linked. Who are being targetted by the administration? Former President Benigno Aquino (III), former Budget Secretary Florencio Abad, Senator (Antonio) Sonny Trillanes (IV), detained Senator Leila de Lima and myself,” he said.
“If this is not revenge, I don’t know what it is,” Drilon added.
Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II, in a television interview Monday, said that the camp of alleged pork barrel scam queen Janet Lim Napoles is set to file any time soon charges implicating the three senators and Abad in the scam.
Napoles has been tagged as the alleged mastermind in the scam involvinh the misuse of lawmakers’ PDAF allocation which were funneled into her bogus non-government organizations.
While there had been reports in the past linking Drilon to Napoles, the senator has consistently denied being engaged in the latter’s unlawful activities.
“I have said this many times before and I will say it again: I vehemently deny any insinuation by the secretary of justice that I was involved in any wrongdoing regarding the PDAF,” he said.
“Any allegation that I misused public funds or that I coursed it through Napoles or any bogus NGO at any point is a blatant lie,” Drilon added.
The Senate leader said he will respond to the charges formally at the proper time and in the proper venue.