Duterte snags $82.9M investment pledges from Israel bizmen
By Prince Golez
President Rodrigo Duterte secured $82.9 million in investment pledges following his four-day trip to Israel.
The 21 deals, signed between businessmen from the Philippines and Israel, are expected to provide 790 job opportunities for the Filipinos.
In his speech before the Israeli business community, Duterte promised to create a conducive environment for foreign investments.
“So my guarantee really is my word. And if you go there, if you want a comfortable – maybe beginning, just tell me. I will husband it – your project – whatever it is,” the President on Tuesday said.
“There will be no corruption. There will be no harassments, no nothing. It’s an ordinary day-to-day government business that you have to follow. And if you can do that and if you go there, tell me,” he added.
Below is the full list of the agreements signed:
1. Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between Century Properties, Inc. and Globe Invest Ltd.
2. MOA between Stone of David Corporation and Gaia Automotive Industries Ltd.
3. MOA between Stone of David Corporation and MCTECH RF Technologies Ltd.
4. Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Century Pacific Food, Inc. and Kvuzat Yavne
5. MOU between Integrated Computer Systems, Inc. and Verint Systems Ltd.
6. MOU between the Philippine Center for Entrepreneurship (PCE) -7Go Negosyo and Israel-Philippines Chamber of 7.
Commerce/Israel Chamber of Commerce
7. MOU between the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) and the Federation of Israeli Chambers of
8. MOU between the PCCI-National Capital Region and Jerusalem Chamber of Commerce (JCC)
9. MOU between Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) and Eilat Port Company Ltd.
10. MOU between AMA Education Systems (AMAES) and HackerU
11. MOU between Le Soleil Shipping Agencies, Inc. and ZIM Integrated Shipping Services Ltd.
12. MOU between Armscor Global Defense, Inc. and EMTAN Karmiel Ltd.
13. MOU between KEREM IT Solutions and Carbyne Ltd.
14. MOU between KEREM IT Solutions and SuperCom
15. Letter of Intent (LOI) of Amdocs Philippines, Ltd.
16. LOI of TrueLogic Online Solutions, Inc.
17. LOI of Silver Shadow Advanced Security Systems and Rayo Illuminar Corporation
18. LOI of MIMA TECH and I GilanGroup
19. LOI of FlyEast Philippines
20. LOI of FoodLab Capital
21. LOI of Assuta Medical Center and I-DEA Ventures Group Inc.