Duterte suspends 14 gov’t execs, wants Ombudsman to prosecute them for corruption
President Duterte has suspended 14 government officials and wanted the Ombudsman’s investigation of their corruption in their respective agencies.
“Suspended sila lahat ngayon, pending investigation,” said Duterte in a media interview Wednesday.
“Llahat ito, ifo-forward ko ito sa Ombudsman, not me. Lahat itong dumating itong mga pina — nagkakaso na ako ang naka… Hindi kami ang mag-iimbestiga, Ombudsman,” he added.
The corrupt officials identified by Duterte based on the dossiers submitted by the Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission are:
1) Atty. Ambrosi Basman
2) Atty. Rohani Basman
3) Atty. Samina Sanpaco Macabando Gusman, Department of Justice prosecutor
4) Inquest Prosecutor Clemente Villanueva
5) Assistant Prosecutor Lorenzo dela Cruz
6) Amelkir Macabando, ex-mayor of Marawi City
7) Justice Assistant Secretary Moslemen Macarambon Sr.
8) Pasay Prosecutors Office OIC Benjamin B. Lanto.
9) Ninoy Aquino International Airport Customs district collector Ramon Anquilan
10) NAIA Director of the Customs Intelligence and Investigation Service Adzhar Albani
11) CIIS head Butch Ledesma
12) Customs operations officer Lomontod Macabando
13) Public Works Assistant Secretary Tingagun Ampaso Umpa;
14) Amisa Lumontod
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque had previously announced that Macarambon and Umpa have been asked to resign or they would be fired by the President.