Hot Breaking News for Filipinos

Kulong kung kulong! Duterte tells ICC: Drug war to continue ’til 2022

0 2,271

President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday (February 12) made it clear that the war on drugs will continue until his term ends in 2022 despite the International Criminal Court’s (ICC) decision to investigate him.

During the launch of the Malasakit programs for the Visayas in Cebu, Duterte said he was willing to go to prison for going after drug users and pushers.

“And drugs, I’d like to address myself to the International Court of Justice and to the prosecutors coming here to investigate: the war or the drive against drugs will not stop and it will last until the day I step out,” he said.

“If I go to prison, I go to prison. If you want to execute me, look for a country that allows prisoners to be executed by firing squad, doon ako,” he added.

The ICC recently announced it will start a preliminary investigation on the allegation that Duterte committed crimes against humanity in connection with his bloody war on drugs.

The allegation was made by abogado Jude Sabio, who filed a communication with the ICC last year.

Sabio represents self-confessed hitman Edgar Matobato.

Malacañang said it is confident that ICC’s investigation will not progress into a trial, and that Duterte will be cleared of the allegation.