Mukhang pera mga Lopez! Duterte says he ain’t the only politiko duped by ABS-CBN
President Rodrigo Duterte has lashed out at ABS-CBN anew for allegedly failing to air a campaign ad he paid for– and said he wasn’t the only one whose money the broadcast company didn’t return.
In a speech at the inauguration of a bridge in Davao del Norte Thursday (May 18), Duterte said ABS-CBN also pocketed the payments of Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano and former Pasig congressman Roman Romulo for ads which it did not air.
Cayetano was Dutete’s running mate while Romulo campaigned for senator.
“Tinanggap nila ‘yung pera ko, natapos nalang ang eleksyon wala namang… Ni wala naman sabihin na isauli sa iyo. Ako, si Cayetano, si Romulo, marami kami,” he said.
“Marami kami halos… Ewan lahat ng politiko na gi-tabla ng ABS-CBN,” Duterte added.
The President called the Lopez family, which owns the majority stake at ABS-CBN, “money faced (mukhang pera)” for not even informing him his campaign ad didn’t air.
Duterte previously said he placed an ad on ABS-CBN as a response to the negative propaganda put out by Senator Antonio Trillanes IV.
“Wala kung hindi ako nagsabi magnanakaw kayo, eh talagang mukhang pera ka naman, kayong mga Lopez,” he said. “Mukha ninyo pera. Bastos kayo. Binastos ninyo kami, hindi lang ako mga pulitiko.”
Duterte said ABS-CBN is guilty of “large scale estafa” for failing to return the payments that he and other politikos made.
“Kaming mga pulitiko, President mismo lolokohin mo? P***** i** kayo,” he said.
Duterte made a cryptic warning to ABS-CBN “not to wait for the 25th hour” before mending its ways.
“Do not wait for that day on its 25th hour, the hands of the clock will strike for the bells to toll to sound your kneel of grief,” he said.
“A day is only 24. Do not wait for the 25th hour because that could be too late. Walang 25 hours eh, it’s only 24. But if it does, better think twice,” the President added.