Nagpapasaklolo na! ‘Bad Boy’ Bertiz seeks bailout from Malacañang over viral airport video
MANILA – After marred with series of controversies and intrigues, ACTS-OFW Partylist reportedly sought the help Malacañang for him to surpass the latest scandal he’s facing following his supposed rude behavior at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) which was caught on camera last Saturday.
Reliable sources told Politiko that Bertiz has been calling high-ranking Palace officials, after a controversial video went viral over the weekend, wherein, the partylist solon was caught by NAIA’s CCTV while confronting an airport screening official who attempted to conduct a body search on him during mandatory screening procedure at the NAIA’s domestic hub.
One of the sources said that Bertiz is trying to locate the CCTV operator who allegedly released on social media the footage of his supposed confrontation with the airport personnel last Saturday evening which was reposted my times by various accounts in both Facebook and Twitter platforms.
Aside from locating the CCTV operator, Bertiz also sought the assistance of some agencies attached to the Office of the President to help him take down the video which continues to trend on both Facebook and Twitter since Sunday morning.
Bertiz is reportedly close to Special Assistant to the President (SAP) Christopher “Bong” Go. The partylist soon became the talk of the town last week after his controversial remarks during the oath taking of the newly passed biosystem and agricultural engineers.
The lawmaker told the audience during the ceremony that those who didn’t knew Go should not take their respective oaths. Bertiz issued an apology last Wednesday.
Aside from Go, Bertiz previously worked with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Communications Assistant Sec. Mocha Uson in Kuwait during the period of the controversial rescue of distressed OFWs in the said Gulf State.
See related stories: