Wednesday, August 23, 2017
politiko-politics-ph-logo

NBI falls out of Duterte’s favor: ‘Nawalan na ko ng tiwala sa inyo’

Feb 2, 2017 @ 21:10

The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency and the Armed Forces of the Philippines will soon be taking over the reins of the administration’s drug war after President Rodrigo Duterte lost trust in the entities which he originally tasked to go after drug suspects.

Duterte said the National Bureau of Investigation is also banned from carrying out anti-drug operations, just like the Philippine National Police.

“The Bureau is suspended from enforcing drug laws. Kasali kayo. Kasi nawalaan na akong tiwala sa inyo,” he said in a speech in Davao City Thursday (Feb. 2).

Duterte said he will soon issue an executive order raising drugs as a national security threat so the AFP can help in the war against drugs.

The President earlier ordered the PNP to stop its anti-drug operations after some policemen were found to have been involved in the killing of South Korean businessman Jee Ick Joo last year.

At least three NBI assets have also been implicated in Jee’s death.

While Duterte acknowledged that several members of the NBI are good, he said the problem within the agency is like a virus that spreads quickly.

Recommended on other sites

Disclaimer:
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

RECOMMENDED

Trending News

Politiko Poll

politiko-politics-ph-logo

Copyright © 2017 Politiko - politics.com.ph.

Want Politiko alerts on your inbox? Subscribe here.