Pakana ni Duterte, says Trillanes on ‘persona non grata’ tag in Davao City
In all likelihood, the family of President Duterte is behind the move in having him declared as persona non grata in Davao City, Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV on Tuesday said.
“They have every right to do that, sila yung mga halal ng bayan sa Davao City, kung yan ang naisip nila, siguro wala na silang magawa dun sa konseho. Pero yang city council kasi ng Davao, rubberstamp naman yan ng mga Duterte, so pakana rin lang ito ng pamilya Duterte,” the senator said.
Trillanes said he finds it a blessing in disguise, the move taken by Davao City Council, to make a big deal out of what he has said last year, describing the city as “the most dangerous city in the Philippines.”
“Now, I have another forum to say it again and hopefully mas mulat yung mga kababayan natin dito sa mga sinasabi ko. Sabi ko, don’t take my word for it i-research nyo,” the senator said, referring to the statistics of the Philippine National Police (PNP) which he used as his basis for his statement.
Data from the PNP showed that Davao City ranked No. 1 murder incidence and No.2 in cases of rape as of Dec. 2015.
“That makes Davao City the most dangerous city in the Philippines. Eto statistics eh ng PNP and it was used as media reference two years ago,” he said.
Trillanes admitted uttering the same statements in forums he has attended in the United States since 2016.
Asked on how he felt upon learning of the persona non grata declaration against him, the senator said it’s not necessarily his loss.
“Sa akin lang masakit ang katotohanan. Eto ako ngayon ang hinahagis nila sa taumbayan mga kasinungalingan, ako ang hinahambalos ko sa kanila katotohanan. Most dangerous city ang Davao dahil sa mga Duterte,” he said.
“Sa akin prerogative nila yun as elected officials ng Davao City. They have the right to do that. But, in time magbabago ang ihip ng hangin nyan, pag wala na ang mga Duterte, iba na yan. Ibang tono na yang mga ‘yan,” Trillanes said.