Palace on Robredo’s disinvitation to Vin d’ honneur: Only those needed were asked to attend
Malacañang on Wednesday (Jan. 11) defended its decision to withdraw the invitation it extended to Vice President Leni Robredo for the Vin d’ honneur, saying the inclusion of personalities on the guest list was its prerogative.
In an ambush interview, presidential spokesperson Ernesto Abella said: “It is the prerogative of the Palace to invite those who they feel is needed to be there.”
Earlier in the day, Robredo’s camp said her office received an invitation to the Vin d’honneur via e-mail last December 28.
“On January 4, Malacañang called the Office to retract the invitation, stating that the guest list was limited,” said her spokesperson, Georgina Hernandez.
The Vin d’honneur is an event hosted by the President for foreign diplomats twice a year.