Hot Breaking News for Filipinos

Kahit ma-deny: Palace to accept Makati court’s verdict on Trillanes

0 1,083

By Prince Golez

Malacanang said on Monday it would accept any decision by the Makati Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 148 in connection with the coup d’etat case filed against Senator Antonio Trillanes IV.

“Whatever decision for or against, tatanggapin natin. Let us vow to the majesty of the courts,” Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said in an interview over RMN.

The case stemmed from the Department of Justice’s request to issue a warrant of arrest on Trillanes over his alleged involvement in the 2003 Oakwood mutiny.

Last month, the Makati RTC Branch 150 ordered the former Navy officer’s arrest due to his failure to apply for amnesty. Trillanes voluntarily surrendered to the Philippine National Police and posted a P200,000 bail.

In August, President Rodrigo Duterte issued Proclamation No 572 which nullified the amnesty granted to the politiko by then President Benigno Aquino III.