Part of ‘Red October’ plan? Bomb threat disrupts classes at Bulacan HS
CITY OF MALOLOS, Bulacan — A bomb threat disrupted classes at the Marcelo H. del Pilar National High School in this city on Tuesday morning.
Senior Supt. Chito Bersaluna, Bulacan police director, said school principal Reynaldo Magalong Diaz reported that the bomb threat was received by Napoleon Perez, one of their teachers, through a text message shortly before 8 a.m.
He said the bomb squad disposal unit of the 1st Provincial Mobile Force Company conducted paneling operations in the school premises that ended at 12:40 p.m. with no explosive device found.
Motives for the bomb threats are still being pursued by police investigators as some teachers, who asked not to be identified, speculated that it may be related to the Armed Forces of the Philippines’ (AFP) tagging of 18 universities and colleges in an alleged communist plot to oust President Rodrigo Duterte.
The teachers asked investigators to conduct a background check on the cellphone numbers used in sending the threatening messages and those that received the bomb threats.
Last week, bomb threats were also sent to students of the Bulacan State University, which likewise turned out to be a hoax. (PNA)