Remember her Ampatuan quote? Arroyo’s deputy spokesperson Lorelei Fajardo back in government
President Rodrigo Duterte has appointed another executive in the Cabinet of former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
Malacanang yesterday announced the appointment of former Deputy residential Spokesperson Ma. Lorelei C. Fajardo, as board member of the Home Development Mutal Fund. Fajardo will represent government employees.
She took over the post in July 2016 to replace Romulo Salud. Malacanang issued her appointment only yesterday. Under the current rules, appointees in government owned and controlled corporations have to be renew their appointments every year.
Fajardo, a godchild of Arroyo, served as the deputy spokesperson for only a few months before she was unceremoniously fired in December 2009 after making a horrible gaffe.
Fajardo claimed that Arroyo would maintain her ties with the Ampatuan family even if its patriarch and sons were the prime suspects in the November 23, 2009 massacre.
“I don’t think the President’s friendship with the Ampatuans will be severed. Just because they’re in this situation doesn’t mean we will turn our backs on them,” said Fajardo.
The other government appointees whose papers were released yesterday were:
* Antonio L. Bautista, assistant secretary Department of National Defense
* Richard Villacastin Necesario Sr., member, representing the Transport and Motorists Organizations, Road Board, Department of Public Works and Highways
* Alejandro Fabian Fernandez, member, Board of Directors, John Hay Management Corp.
* Virgil Gomonit Nery, member, Board of Directors, LBP Resources and Development Corp.
*James Michael Cruz Sayo, member, Board of Directors, North Luzon Railways Corp.
* Roselle Leonardo Reyes, member, Board of Directors, Credit Information Corp.
* Frederick Lopez Castro, member, National Council on Disability Affairs, Department of Social and Welfare Development.
* Maria Lourdes Fajardo Rebueno, member, Board of Directors, National Development Company
* Ellen Catarongan Niebres, member, Board of Directors, DBP Data Center Inc.
*Anne Lorraine C. Adorable- Inton, member, Board of Directors, Clark International Airport Corp.
*Charlie G. Chua, member, Board of Directors, Clark International Airport Corp.
* Alvin Gregorio Dans, member, Board of. Directors, Home Guaranty Corp.