Rest pa more! Duterte goes MIA again for 3 days
Running the country may be a 24/7 job, but the demands of being the Chief Executive may have taken its toll on President Rodrigo Duterte– again.
The President has not been seen in public for three days now.
His last public appearance was on June 20, when he visited evacuees in Iligan City and wounded soldiers in Cagayan de Oro City.
In a press briefing Thursday (June 22), Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella let it slip that Duterte is not yet through resting.
“Unang-una, hindi ba, hindi pa tapos talaga ’yung kanyang pahinga. Pero on the other hand, nakita natin na tuloy-tuloy siyang gumawa,” he said in response to a question on whether security threats in Mindanao have forced Duterte to scale back on his public engagements.
Abella even took a job at Duterte’s predecessor, former President Benigno Aquino III, by saying the President does not spend his time on PlayStation games.
Duterte was out of the public eye for five days last week, creating speculation about his health.
Palace officials, however, said the President just had to rest since he had a “brutal” schedule in the last couple of weeks.
He was seen again on June 17 at the celebration of the 50th founding anniversary of Agusan del Norte at the University of Cabadbaran campus and at the 4th Infantry Division Advance Command Post in Butuan City.