Hot Breaking News for Filipinos

Roque denies lying about Duterte’s hospital visit: ‘Di ko talaga alam!

0 863

By Prince Golez

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. said, in a voice tinged with disappointment, he was unaware of President Rodrigo Duterte’s October 3 hospital visit.

“I was in the dark and now how can people believe me when I said he had private time and apparently he had a diagnostic examination,” said Roque in a hastily called press briefing on Friday.

The official previously denied reports that Duterte was rushed to Cardinal Santos Medical Center early Wednesday morning.

The chief executive skipped his scheduled event with the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation to have “private time,” he told reporters covering Malacanang.

“I do realize I cannot be effective unless I have full access to what the President is doing and to what, and his current conditions,” Roque said, hinting that his days as Duterte’s mouthpiece are numbered.

While Duterte offered him a new post “that currently does not exist,” the former Kabayan party-list representative, who is reportedly eyeing a Senate seat in the 2019 midterm elections, said he needed the weekend “to think about my options.”

“I need the weekend now, to decide. It goes without saying that if I do file, I’m considered resigned from this position. But I do confirm as the President has said that he offered me another job. Which is still related to being spokesperson,” he added.

Related atories:

Philippines’ Duterte says underwent ‘cancer’ testing

May taning na? Duterte: Hindi ko masabi kung meron akong tama o wala

Duterte admits he went to Cardinal Santos: One hour ako dun!