Sana may ebidensya: Robredo hopes filing of raps vs. PNoy’s ex-Secretaries ain’t a scapegoat for failure
Vice President Leni Robredo is hoping the filing of plunder charges against several Cabinet Secretaries under former President Benigno Aquino III isn’t a way of drawing attention away from the administration’s failures.
Robredo on Thursday (November 30) said the cases filed against nine former Aquino-era Cabinet Secretaries must be based on evidence.
“Iyong atin lang ninanais, sana iyong pagsampa ng kaso ay base sa datos na maayos. Hindi siya ginagawang dahilan para lang maghanap ng scapegoat para sa mga bagay na hindi nagagawa,” she said at the sidelines of the commemoration of Bonifacio Day in Caloocan City.
“Dapat kung mag-file ng kaso, ito ay base sa ebidensya na mayroon talagang pagkakasala na ginawa. Ang nakakatakot lang, baka ginagawa ito para magpasa ng blame sa iba. Ito iyong dapat hindi pinapayagan,” she added.
Earlier this month, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) filed a plunder complaint against former Department of Transportation and Communications Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya and eight other former members of the Aquino Cabinet in connection with the alleged anomalous contract for the maintenance of the Metro Rail Transit Line 3 (MRT3).
In its 67-page complaint, the DOTr said Abaya and his co-accused of using the MRT as a “bottomless cash cow” to amass ill-gotten wealth.
Named as Abaya’s co-accused in the case were former DOTC Secretary Mar Roxas, former Budget and Management secretary Florencio Abad, former Finance secretary Cesar Purisima, former Energy secretary Jericho Petilla, former Science and Technology chief Mario Montejo, former Defense secretary Voltaire Gazmin, former Public Works and Highways secretary Rogelio Singson, and former National Development and Economic Administration secretary Arsenio Balisacan.