Tama si Calida! JV says Ombudsman Morales should’ve bared dismissal of Trillanes’ complaint vs Duterte
Solicitor General Jose Calida has every reason to criticize the Office of the Ombudsman for not disclosing the fact that the plunder complaint filed by Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV against President Duterte some two years ago has already been dismissed.
“That should have been, especially (since) it concerns the Chief Executive of the land, news (and) it’s been good news probably for the President,” Sen. JV Ejercito on Wednesday said.
“(But) I do not know what the reason of the Ombudsman is for not even making it known to the public kasi dapat big news ‘yan eh. Anything about the President should be of national concern,” he added.
The Ombudsman came under fire from Calida who claimed that Morales gave the impression that the probe on Trillanes’ complaint, which involved the alleged undisclosed bank transactions of Duterte was still ongoing, the reason why the Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) even supposedly provided information to Overall Deputy Ombudsman Melchor Arthur Carandang.
Calida said he inquired from the Office of the Ombudsman and was told, through a letter dated Feb. 8, that the case filed by Trillanes on May 5, 2016 had already been closed and terminated.
The recommendation to terminate was approved by Deputy Ombudsman Cyril Ramos on Nov. 27 last year, reports said.