Think outside the box: Bro. Armin Luistro suggests creative ways for Benilde grads to help rebuild Marawi
De La Salle Philippines (DLSP) president and former Education Secretary Bro. Armin Luistro believes graduates of the De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde can come up with innovative solutions to restore Marawi City to its old glory and help its residents move on.
In his speech at CSB’s commencement exercises last July, Luistro said the graduates have what it takes to become trailblazers in rebuilding Marawi City since the school has been at the forefront of innovation for close to 30 years.
Among the ideas that Luistro said the graduates may bring to life include:
– creating software or apps that can help the military and local government units in their checkpoint surveillance
– building drones that can deliver relief goods and medicines to far-flung areas
– helping Marawi residents earn a living selling halal street food
– coming up with delicious recipes for Marawi evacuees so they do not have to settle for sardines and instant noodles
– proposing culturally sensitive and weather-adapted designs for temporary shelters and learning spaces
Before the graduates headed out into the real world, Luistro gave them this advice: “You are Benilde. As Benilde has trail blazed in cutting-edge courses when no other institution of repute was taking notice, so you are called to become real-life heroes in a world of overcautious fence-sitters and anonymous trolls.”