Monday, December 11, 2017

Trillanes on DOJ clearing Faeldon on shabu smuggling: ‘Pag alagad ni Duterte, abswelto agad

Nov 23, 2017 @ 13:06

It’s probably the security guards at the Bureau of Customs (BOC) who’s likely to have allowed the P6.4-billion worth of smuggled shabu to slip through the agency, Sen. Antonio Trillanes Iv.

This was the lawmaker’s sarcastic remark in reaction to the Department of Justice’ (DOJ) dismissal of drug charges against former BOC Comm. Nicanor Faeldon and other bureau officials, who were implicated in the shipment of the said illegal drugs last May, due to insufficiency of evidence and failure to establish probable case against them.

“Ang tanong ngayon, sino na ang responsable sa pagpasok ng P6.4-billion na shabu, ‘yung security guard ng Customs?” Trillanes asked.

The case of Faeldon, he said, appears to have some parallelism with Supt. Marvin Marcos, who was previously embroiled in the alleged drug-related killing of Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Sr.

Marcos’ case was downgraded by the DOJ from murder to a lighter and bailable offense and is now even said to be vying for promotion.

“Kapag mga mahihirap, patay agad. Pero kapag alagad ni (President) Duterte, abswelto sa kaso. Mr. Duterte, pinagloloko mo ‘yung mga tao,” Trillanes said.

Politiko would love to hear your views on this...
Recommended Articles
Disclaimer:
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

RECOMMENDED

Trending News

Politiko Poll

politiko-politics-ph-logo

Copyright © 2017 Politiko - politics.com.ph.

Want Politiko alerts on your inbox? Subscribe here.