Wala na tinitira pa! Sandra Cam asks why Corpuz kept stroke secret from Duterte
Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) board member appears to have little sympathy for Chairman Jose Jorge Corpuz despite his resignation from the agency for health reasons.
Cam on Friday (January 12) questioned why Corpuz only informed President Rodrigo Duterte recently that he suffered a stroke in November last year.
“It was only recently that the President learned that he is sick. Why did they not report it to Malacañang that he had a stroke?” she asked.
Cam said she had seen how the stroke affected Corpuz.
“I’ve seen how he walks aided by his two children on his sides and his wife at his back. I’ve seen how he eats,” she said.
Malacañang confirmed Corpuz has stepped down from his post for health reasons. Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, however, insisted that the former general was not the chairman of an agency that Duterte planned to fire due to corruption.
Corpuz and PCSO General Manager Alexander Balutan had been accused by Cam of spending P10 million on the agency’s Christmas party.
Cam said it was regretful that Corpuz resigned a week before the Senate holds a hearing on PCSO’s alleged lavish Christmas party.