The bible of Philippine politics

Panelo clarifies his ‘walang namamatay sa gutom’ remark: Handa tumulong ang gobyerno

0 142

By Prince Golez

Palace Spokesman Salvador Panelo clarified his statement that nobody dies from hunger during the month-long community quarantine in Metro Manila.

Panelo said the government is ready to assist workers who will be affected by the quarantine.

“Ang sabi ni (Labor) Secretary (Silvestre) Bello, mayroon tayong mga nakalaan doon sa kanila. In fact, marami rin nga tayong mga nakalaan na food package na just in case magkaroon ng mga reported na incidents na wala nang makain ang tao. Naka-ready tayo doon. Talagang buong puwersa ng gobyerno inilaan natin para diyan,” the official said in an interview over dzMM.

“[T]ayo naman ay tumanggap na ng suweldo – last, ‘di ba? Kumbaga mayroon tayong pambili pa in the next fifteen days at kung wala naman, tayo naman ay may mga extended families na tutulong sa atin, mayroon namang mga mababait na kapitbahay, at ang gobyerno naka-ready rin,” he added.

Last week, President Rodrigo Duterte placed the entire Metro Manila under a 30-day community quarantine following a sharp rise in coronavirus infections. He also encouraged the private sector to consider flexible work arrangements to ensure the health and safety of their workers.

As of Sunday, the total Covid-19 cases in the Philippines stand at 140, with 12 deaths.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy