MANILA – The government is now starting to craft the third phase of the national action plan (NAP 3) in response to the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic, Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr., chief implementer of the national policy against Covid-19, said Wednesday.
Galvez, also the presidential peace adviser, said the main objective of NAP 3 is to balance economic reboot and to contain new virus cases.
“Sinisimulan na po natin ang ating pagpaplano sa ating phase 3 (We are starting to plan the third phase) this October and December,” he said in a virtual press briefing.
“Tinitingnan po natin kung paano po natin talagang papalakas at mapapaigting ang localization ng ating national action plan (We are considering to boost and intensify the localization of the national action plan),” he added.
Meanwhile, Galvez reported that a total of 3.2 million Filipinos have been tested since the start of the virus outbreak.
“Magandang balita din po, dahil sa agresibong testing na ginagawa natin ngayon, umabot na po sa 3.2 million na Pilipino ang ating na-test mula nang magsimula ang epidemya (It’s also good news, because of the aggressive testing that we are now doing, we have tested 3.2 million Filipinos since the start of the pandemic),” he said, noting that the figure represents 3 percent of the country’s population.
So far, the country’s average testing capacity is at 36,000 tests daily, Galvez said.
“Kung saan ang ating (Wherein our) highest recorded daily test output ay umabot na po sa (have totaled to) 46,526 tests noong (on) September 11, 2020,” he added.
The country now has 130 accredited laboratories nationwide as of Sept. 21, Galvez said.
Galvez cited Bohol province’s readiness to open local tourism by next month.
“Maybe this coming October, early October or middle October, puwede na muna siyang magbukas ng tinatawag na local tourism (it can now open its local tourism),” he said, noting that the National Task Force on Covid-19 also supports the Department of Tourism’s (DOT) target to reopen more tourism activities amid the pandemic.
“Kami po ay sumusuporta po sa ating (We are supporting) Secretary Madam Berna Puyat—dahil kasi talaga pong nakita natin itong Covid-19 halos dumapa po talaga ang tourism business po natin (Due to Covid-19, our tourism businesses have been heavily affected),” Galvez said.
The DOT earlier committed to the gradual resumption of tourism enterprises in the country.
“Kaya po nang magkaroon tayo ng recommendation na staycation ay talaga pong sinuportahan natin si (That’s why we are recommending staycation and we are really supporting) Ma’am Berna,” Galvez added.
The task force has earlier checked the preparation of establishments for the reopening of the tourism sector in Baguio City, which has begun accepting tourists from Region 1 (Ilocos Region) on Sept. 22.