Bakit puro DDS lang? Yellows could be behind purge of Sara, pro-Duterte Facebook pages – Davao City PIO
Davao City Mayor and presidential daughter Sara Z. Duterte's account has been recently shut down by Facebook and the local chief executive's camp suspects that the opposition has something to do with it.

Bakit puro DDS lang? Yellows could be behind purge of Sara, pro-Duterte Facebook pages – Davao City PIO

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Related story: After Facebook lockout, Sara Duterte hooked on Instagram

Davao City Mayor and presidential daughter Sara Z. Duterte’s account has been recently shut down by Facebook and the local chief executive’s camp suspects that the opposition has something to do with it.

In an interview with the Philippine News Agency (PNA) on Friday, Davao City Information Office chief Jefry Tupas said the mayor’s verified account was engaging Filipinos by the millions but was terminated due to “massive reports”.

Related story: Sara Duterte shrugs off fabricated second narco video

Tupas said Facebook has been purging accounts “and most of these accounts were pro-Duterte. “Makes you wonder what’s the role of the yellow in this so-called ‘cleansing’.”

Mayor Sara’s camp heavily relied on social media for the campaigns of Hugpong ng Pagbabago, a regional political party that she formed and whose senatorial slate topped Pulse Asia survey.

In an Asia Foundation report, social media was seen as a game-changer in the 2016 elections as it sparked political discourse never before seen in the country’s election history.

Ramon Beleno III, spokesman of Blue Vote, Ateneo de Davao University’s political education campaign, said people could only say that something was not fair if the statistics of the purged accounts of the administration versus the opposition.

Related story: Sara Duterte says she’s real target of narco video: Hindi naman totoo

“We cannot jump into conclusion, we would assume that it is anti-government but let us give them the benefit of the doubt kung purely administration-led accounts then we could probably say that it is not fair,” Beleno said in a separate interview.

Last week, during a press briefing in Taguig City, Facebook’s head of cybersecurity policy Nathaniel Gleicher said the cluster of pages that have been taken down have used a mix of real and fake accounts to drive messaging in behalf of political candidates.

Gleicher, who flew to Manila for the briefing, said a total of 3.6 million Filipinos follow at least one of the pages and at least 1.8 million accounts are involved in one of the identified groups.

Earlier, Nicanor Gabunada Jr., Social Media Director of the Duterte Campaign, said he felt “singled out” when his account was taken down on Friday (March 29) because he expressed support for the President and his choice of candidates while the accounts of those who backed bets belonging to the opposition were not.

“There is a reason for me to suspect that they pulled down pages and groups associated with the President and the candidates of the President because they thought it will weaken the support base and also diminish the chances of pro-admin candidates. Big mistake,” Gabunada said in a statement.

Gabunada, who also manages a Facebook page called “Nic Goes Online”, pointed out that other pages taken down, which are pro-Duterte and pro-Duterte backed candidates, were not even associated with him. (PNA)

Related story: Nabiktima rin ng cyber ‘tokhang’! Sara Duterte locked out of Facebook account – local exec

Leave a Comment

POLITIKO / Live!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on reddit
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

POLITIKO / Across the Nation

POLITIKO / Latest News

MCD MULTI MEDIA/ Network

  • Akyat-Bahay nakikain pa sa Subic

    Hinahanting na ng mga awtoridad ang isang kawatan matapos nitong pagnakawan ang dalawang bahay sa isang barangay sa Subic, Zambales kung saan nakita pa ito sa CCTV na nakikain pa sa bahay na kanyang nilooban. The post Akyat-Bahay nakikain pa sa Subic first appeared on NewsKo.

Weekly Sports News

  • Chooks-To-Go Slams Lapu Lapu-Siquijor Game, Threatens To Pull Out As VisMin Super Cup Sponsor

    Chooks-to-Go president Ronald Mascariñas expressed his disappointment at what transpired during the game between ARQ Builders-Lapu Lapu City and Siquijor Mystics which took place on just the fourth game day of the 2021 Pilipinas VisMin Super Cup. The post Chooks-To-Go Slams Lapu Lapu-Siquijor Game, Threatens To Pull Out As VisMin Super Cup Sponsor appeared first on FASTBREAK.com.ph.

  • Pilipinas VisMin Super Cup Postpones Thursday Games

    Management of the Chooks-to-Go Pilipinas VisMin Super Cup has decided to postpone the games on Thursday pending the resolution of the issues surrounding the controversial game between the ARQ Builders—Lapu Lapu City Heroes and the Siquijor Mystics. The post Pilipinas VisMin Super Cup Postpones Thursday Games appeared first on FASTBREAK.com.ph.

  • Chef Curry Blasts For 42, GSW Beats OKC

    Stephen Curry had another scorching game as Golden State Warriors walloped Oklahoma City Thunder, 147-109, in the 2020-2021 NBA Season on Wednesday night at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The post Chef Curry Blasts For 42, GSW Beats OKC appeared first on FASTBREAK.com.ph.

Sign up for our Newsletter

We are a social news blog where politikos, their kin, friends and allies are the center of the universe. We write about their words and deeds, likes and dislikes, dreams and fears. We are here to entertain, provoke and hopefully inform you along the way.

Disclaimer