Bitbit ng mga pari! Trillanes admits vetting Bikoy’s claims, papers through investigative journalists
Senator Antonio Trillanes IV confirmed that he touched base with con man Peter Joemel Advincula alias “Bikoy as early as August 2017 through a group of priests.
Trillanes also revealed that he tapped investigative journalists and foreign and local media to validate claims and documents presented by Bikoy and his two cohorts that President Rodrido Duterte’s family and allies were getting massive payoffs from a drug syndicate. Trillanes, who did not reveal the name of the priests or the journalists, claimed that it was Bikoy himself who produced and uploaded the “Totoong Narcolist” videos in the middle of the vetting process.
Bikoy had earlier revealed that a group of priest, led by Father Albert Alejo, introduced him to Trillanes. Bikoy claimed that Trillanes gave him the scripts which he read on the video series.
Bikoy accused Trillanes and the Liberal Party of planning to use the video expose to install Vice President Leni Robredo as president.
In a priviilege speech, Trillanes said he was introduced to Bikoy in August 2017 by a group of priests who gave Bikoy sanctuary allegedly from a drug syndicate who wanted him dead.
“Pinakinggan ko siya, subalit nakulangan ako at naguluhan sa mga detalye kaya insinantabi ko at tuluyan ng kinalimutan ng usapang ito,” said Trillanes who became busy with Duterte’s arrest order against in September 2017.
Trillanes said the priests came knocking on his doors in February this year with documents on the bank accounts of the payoff recipients and syndicate leaders. The priests told Trillanes that the additional documents were provided by Bikoy’s cohorts – Jessmark Acosta and Dan de Vera.
“Pinasuir ko an mga dokumento sa mga media outfit, investigative journalists at iba’t ibang entities both foreign and local. They said that the validation process might take a while but if the account details ar accurate, the money trail could be traced,” said Trillanes. “Para maiwasang masunog sa maling akusasyon, ang sabinmo sa mga pari, wala tayong magagawa kundi antayin ang pagvalidate ng mga document,” he added.
“As far as those documents are concerned, maaring totoo pa rin ang existence ng sintidkatong ito depende sa kakalaban ng validation process later on. Ang sabi nila irereport nila ito sa publiko pag it ay nakumpirma na, he said.
Trillanes claimed that he was abroad when he learned that Bikoy had proceeded with the release of the first “Totoong Narcolist video on April 2.
“Uulitin ko, wala akong kinalaman sa paggawa ng mga video na yun. To my PMAer upperclassmen here, All Right sir. Malamang siya rin ang gumawa ng video na yan,” he said.
Trillanes stood by his public praise for the videos. “To be fair, maganda nga po ang pagkagawa ni Bikoy ng mga video at nakakuha ito ng atensyon ng publiko,” he said.