The country is in dire need of leadership in the face of soaring COVID-19 cases and consumer prices.
Governor Jonvic Remulla made the plea for someone to “take charge” of the nation struggling with these challenges before it is too late. The appeal was made in his latest Facebook post.
“The people need ACTION. The Filipinos need LEADERSHIP. We are waiting for DIRECTION. We desperately need SOLUTIONS,” he said.
“Can someone PLEASE take charge? Let us not wait before it is too late,” he said.
Remulla said the country, including his home province of Cavite, has experienced a sudden increase in COVID-19 infections amid fears of new United Kingdom and South African variants.
He said Cavite’s cases have ballooned to 60-130 daily cases from 9-15 cases per day in the past few days. He also received reports that emergency rooms have been occupied in most hospitals.
He said he would have wanted to give solutions to the problems but only the national government can address the situation at this time.
“Sadly, wala sa kapangyarihan ko,” he said.
Remulla listed down the urgent concerns that needed the national government’s action. These are the following:
1. Ang halaga ng pamasahe (Land Transportation Office-Philippines at Department of Transportation – Philippines);
2. Ang presyo ng pamilihin katulad ng Baboy ay Manok (Department of Agriculture – Philippines, DTI Philippines);
3. Ang pagdating ng malawakang paglahok sa Vaccine Distribution (Department of Health);
4. Ang inflation ay nasa 5% na;
5. Habang ang pagbaba ng ekonomiya ay nasa miserableng 9.5%