Castro demands apology from Lacson over reckless pork allegations
By JOHN CARLO M. CAHINHINAN
Former House Majority Leader Fredenil Castro (Capiz) has demanded an apology from Sen. Panfilo Lacson over his pronouncement that each congressman will receive P700-million worth of alleged pork barrel funds under the 2020 budget.
In his privilege speech on Wednesday, Castro said Lacson’s allegation that the House leadership tried to insert the supposed pork barrel funds after the 2020 General Appropriations Bill (GAB) was withdrew last month was a “downright lame excuse to escape what responsibility of what he accused the House of Representatives.”
“It’s lame, it’s unbelievable, and perhaps, I will gamble saying that explanation, that excuse is similarly fictionalize,” said Castro.
Aside from the P700 million per each congressman, there was also supposedly a foiled move to give all 22 Deputy Speakers P1.5 billion each, under the proposed P4.1-trillion national budget for 2020.
Castro stressed that the accusations of Lacson against the House and its members was mere “imaginary.”
“He is reckless and irresponsible… he came out with verifying the authenticity,” said Castro.
Castro, Majority Floor Leader during the previous Congress said Lacson owes the Lower House and its members an apology not only because of his irresponsible and reckless statements but more importantly, “his apology being demanded by his being a soldier, a gentleman, and a member of the Senate.”
“Kung sa punong na Tagalog, he may not be a picture of immaturity, but what I could say is he is picture of someone na ‘isip-bata’,” said Castro.
“Alam mo naman ang itsura ng taong isip-bata—mature, magandang lalaki, magandang tingnan, macho, pero ang isipan ay isip bata,” he added.