The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) will file charges against former broadcaster Jay Sonza if he continues to ignore summons over the cyberlibel complaint filed by Julia Barretto against him.

Charges to be filed in court soon: Arrest loomsfor Jay Sonza as he continues snubbing NBI summons

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

By Nancy Carvajal

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) will file charges against former broadcaster Jay Sonza if he continues to ignore summons over the cyberlibel complaint filed by Julia Barretto against him.

NBI Cybercrime Division chief Vic Lorenzo warned that an arrest warrant could be out for Sonza soon once a case has been filed in court.

“He never showed up and did not send any representative. We are giving him a new subpoena, if he still will not show up, we can file the case and maybe the court can issue a warrant of his arrest,” Lorenzo said.

Republic Act 10867 grants the NBI the power to “[i]ssue subpoena for the appearance of any person for investigation or production of documents, through its officers from the ranks of Regional Director to
Director.”

Barretto filed a complaint against Sonza over his claim posted on social media that she’s pregnant with the child of Gerald Anderson.

Sonza’s September 21 Facebook post read: ” Congratulations sa aking kapitbahay sa Congressional Village, Bahay Toro, Quezon City. Napatunayan nina Visoy (Visayan tisoy) Gerald Anderson at anak nina
Dennis Padilla at Marjorie na si Julia Barreto na kapuwa hindi sila baog. After months of love lockdown and ESQ (exact sex quadrant) – may nabuo sa sinapupunan ni Julia.”G.”

Lorenzo said Baretto asked the NBI to investigate the “untrue and irresponsible statements made by Sonza on his social media account.”

In previous news reports Baretto was quoted saying. “Binastos ang reputation ko, ang pangalan ko , I think I just wanna show people now na hindi ko na pinapalagpas ang mga bagay na ganito.’

Leave a Comment

POLITIKO / Live!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on reddit
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

POLITIKO / Across the Nation

POLITIKO / Latest News

Bilang na mga araw! Duterte expects to be a lame duck President soon

President Rodrigo Duterte expects his power and influence to diminish as the end of his term nears.

In a speech in Valenzuela City Thursday (March 4), Duterte said he will be a lame duck President in the last six months of his term, which will end on June 30, 2022.

He made the remark as he invited guests at the inauguration of two school buildings in Valenzuela City to let him know what else they need while he’s in office.

“Good as any time to say that we have done our part. At kung mayroon pa akong maidagdag with the limited time that I have, it’s almost ineffective President, half a year na lang ako,” Duterte said.

“The other half would be the lame months, lame duck na ako. And that is natural. It happens. It will happen. Pero ngayon, kung anong madagdag ko, sabihin lang po ninyo,” the President added.

Duterte previously allayed fears he will push for term extension by saying he’s looking forward to stepping down in 2022.

TRENDING NEWS

MCD MULTI MEDIA/ Network

Business News

Tagalog News

Weekly Sports News

Sign up for our Newsletter

We are a social news blog where politikos, their kin, friends and allies are the center of the universe. We write about their words and deeds, likes and dislikes, dreams and fears. We are here to entertain, provoke and hopefully inform you along the way.

Disclaimer