The bible of Philippine politics

‘Di kami perpekto! ABS-CBN CEO owns up to network’s mistakes ahead of franchise hearing

0 157

ABS-CBN’s top honcho has acknowledged the network committed mistakes in the 65 years it has been on air ahead of the Senate’s hearing on its franchise next week.

In a video aired Thursday (February 20), ABS-CBN Chief Executive Officer Carlo Katigbak said they are willing to make things right.

“Serbisyo po ang layunin ng ABS-CBN. Ngunit kami po ay hindi perpekto. Nagkakamali din po kami at handa po naming itama ang anumang pagkukulang. Kasama ito sa proseso ng pagiging isang mas matatag na kumpanya,” he said.

No less than President Rodrigo Duterte had accused ABS-CBN of bias in its coverage of his administration. The Chief Executive also claimed the network didn’t air his campaign ad in the run-up to the 2016 elections even if it had been paid for.

The Senate committee on public services chaired by Senator Grace Poe is set to hear ABS-CBN’s franchise application on February 24. The network’s existing franchise will expire on March 30, 2020.

Katigbak acknowledged that ABS-CBN’s fate lies in Congress’ hands and expressed hope that the network will be afforded due process.

Addressing lawmakers, Katigbak said: “Nagtitiwala po kami sa sinasabi ninyo na mabibigyan kami ng pagkakataong sagutin ang mga katanungan ng mga mamamayan. Dinarasal din namin na makita ninyo ang mga kabutihang naidulot ng ABS-CBN sa bawat pamilyang Pilipino.”

“Wala po kaming nakikitang dahilan para hindi magtuloy ang paglilingkod ng ating ABS-CBN. Gayun pa man, kami ay handang sumunod sa anumang proseso na dapat pagdaanan ayon sa batas,” he added.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy