‘Di lang binugbog! NBI finds Villavende sexually abused before death in Kuwait
By Nancy Carvajal
Filipina domestic helper Jeanelyn Villavende was sexually abused and repeatedly beaten up before her death in Kuwait, results of the National Bureau of Investigation’s (NBI) autopsy showed.
Villavende’s remains were examined by the NBI after it arrived in the Philippines from Kuwait earlier this month.
The 26-year-old domestic helper was allegedly killed by her female employer, the wife of a Kuwaiti government official.
“There were clear indications of sexual abuse, also old healed wounds
indicating that Villavende had been battered weeks prior to the
fateful incident.” Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said in a text message Sunday (January 12), citing the NBI’s findings.
Guevarra said the autopsy was conducted by Dr. Ricardo Rodaje, chief of the NBI’s medico legal division, on January 10.
A forensics team from Kuwait conducted a separate autopsy of Villavende’s body. It concluded that the Filipina worker died of physical injuries.
Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III earlier said that the result of the victim’s autopsy by the NBI will determine if the Philippine government will impose a permanent deployment ban of Filipino migrant workers to Kuwait.