Posted on

Vice President Leni Robredo has gone into self-quarantine after she was exposed to an individual with COVID-19 during one of her activities last week.

Robredo said her chief of staff, Philip Dy, and some members of her staff are also on quarantine. On her radio show, “Biserbisyong Leni,” Sunday (October 25), the Vice President said she cancelled her physical meetings after the exposure to the person with COVID-19 either on Wednesday or Thursday last week.

“Hopefully, ma-swab na kami, Ka Ely, kasi kapag na-clear na kami, tuloy na ulit. Sana okay naman. Ako, si USec. Boyet iyong aking chief of staff, at saka ilang mga kasama ko noong nag-ikot kami, kami iyong naka-quarantine ngayon,” Robredo said.

The Vice President said she’s feeling well. She described the COVID-positive individual as a “very close contact,” though isn’t part of her staff.

Robredo added that the self-quarantine was a safety precaution though she followed the health protocols to protect herself against the virus.

“Sumunod naman kami sa lahat na protocols—naka-face mask, naka-face shield, social distancing. So ano naman, tingin ko ano naman—sana—salbado naman kami. Pero kailangan nating sumunod sa protocol para sigurado lang,” Robredo said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *