The bible of Philippine politics

DOJ chief: Kuwaiti prosecutors’ call to use NBI autopsy report on Villavende

0 29

It’s up to Kuwaiti prosecutors if they will use the autopsy report of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on slain Filipina Jeanelyn Villadende, said Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra.

“Call yan ng Kuwait prosecutors,” he admitted on Friday (Jan. 17).

“But we’ll offer all evidence available here in the Philippines,” he assured.

The NBI has already conducted an autopsy of the 26-year-old Filipina after her remains were flown in from Kuwait this January.

“There were clear indications of sexual abuse. There were also old healed wounds indicating that Villavende had been battered weeks prior to the fateful incident,” Guevarra had said.

Prior the autopsy, a Kuwaiti hospital has already conducted an autopsy of the Filipino before she was returned to the Philippines.

Villavende died last December 28 in Kuwait as a result of shock and multiple injuries in the vascular nervous system.

Meanwhile, the Kuwaiti couple who employed the Filipina are currently detained following her death.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy