The Department of Justice (DOJ) has filed charges against nine dismissed policemen over the killing of four soldiers in Jolo, Sulu last year.
“In so far as the DOJ is concerned, the Criminal Information was filed on January 4, 2021,” said Prosecution Atty. Honey Delgado, spokesperson of the DOJ’s Office of the Prosecutor General (OPG), said on Tuesday (Jan. 12).
Delgado pointed this out now that nine have been dismissed from service and freed by the Philippine National Police (PNP) due to the absence of arrest warrants.
Those charged with murder and planting of evidence before the regional trial court (RTC) of Sulu are Abdelzhimar Padjiri, Hanie Baddiri, Iskandar Susulan, Ernisar Sappal, Sulki Andaki, Moh. Nur Pasani, Almudzrin Hadjaruddin, Alkajal Mandangan and Rajiv Putalan.
“We are still awaiting for the issuance of the warrant of arrest from the court,” Delgado said.
“However, we were informed that Sulu is still on lockdown,” she added.
Delgado explained “the courts might not be operating in its full capacity — may or may not slow down the process.”