Duterte names 46 pols in new ‘narco-list’
By Prince Golez
President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday named a total of 46 incumbent government officials who are allegedly involved in illegal drug trade and activities.
The list includes 35 mayors, seven vice-mayors, one provincial board member, and three members of the House of Representatives.
Duterte said the Department of the Interior and Local Government has filed administrative cases against them before the Office of the Ombudsman.
“My decision to unmask these drug personalities was anchored on my trust in the government agencies who have vetted and validated the narco-list,” the President said during the National Peace and Order Council meeting in Davao City.
“Remember that public office is a public trust, and the official’s right to privacy is not absolute and there is a compelling reason to prioritize the interest of the state and the people,” he added.
Here is the list of narco-politicians bared by Duterte:
1. Zambales Rep. Jeffrey D. Khonghun
2. Leyte Rep. Vicente Sofronio Veloso
3. Panagsinan Rep. Jesus Celeste
4. Pasuquin, Ilocos Norte Mayor Ferdinand Dancel Aguinaldo
5. Lasam, Cagayan Mayor Marjorie Apil Salazar
6. San Rafael, Bulacan Mayor Cipriano Dungao Violago Jr.
7. Camiling, Tarlac Mayor Erlon Clemente Agustin
8. Subic, Zambales Mayor Jefferson Fernandez Khonghun
9. Bay, Laguna Mayor Bruno Tolentino Ramos
10. Los Baños, Laguna Mayor Caesar Pabalete Perez
11. Rodrigez, Rizal Mayor Cecilio C. Hernandez
12.Lemery, Batangas Mayor Eulalio Mendoza Alilio
13.Ibaan, Batangas Mayor Juan Valencia Toreja
14.San Pablo, Laguna Mayor Loreto Sahagun Amante
15.Teresa, Rizal Mayor Raul S. Palino
16. Lucena City, Quezon Mayor Roderick Alcantara Alcala
17. El Nido, Palawan Mayor Nieves Cabuñalda Rosente
18. Iloilo City Mayor Jed Patrick Escalante Mabilog
19. Hamtic, Antique Mayor Julius Ronald Leyritana Pacificador
20. Maasin, Iloilo Mayor Mariano Malficio Malones Sr.
21. Carles, Iloilo Mayor Siegfredo Alfuente Betita
22. Daang Bantayan, Cebu Mayor Vicente Areño Loot
23. Sirawai, Zamboanga del Norte Mayor Gamar Ahay Janihim
24. Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur Mayor Leonida Albor Angcap
25. Sinacaban, Misamis Occidental Mayor Crisinciano Enot Mahilac
26. Clarin, Misamis Occidental Mayor David Mabal Navarro
27. Calamba, Misamis OccidentalMayor Ezel Tabuelog Villanueva
28. Oroquieta City Mayor Jason Paredes Almonte
29. Palimbang, Sultan KudaratMayor Abubakar Pendatun Maulana
30. Banga, South Cotabato Mayor Albert Palencia
31. Sto. Niño, South Cotabato Mayor Pablo Mondejar Matinong Jr.
32. Lingig, Surigao del Sur Mayor Roberto Malijao Luna Jr.
33. Maguing, Lanao del Sur Mayor Mamaulan Abinal Mulok
34. Talitay, Maguindanao former Mayor Montasser Meling Sabal
35. Ampatuan, Maguindanao Mayor Rasul Mabang Sangki
36. Datu Montawal, Maguindanao Mayor Vicman Kambang Montawal
37. Hadji Muhtamad, Basilan Mayor Jamar Abdulla Mansul
38. Rodriguez, RizalVice Mayor Dennis Linco Hernandez
39. Culasi, Antique Vice Mayor Ariel Tabugo Alagos Jr.
40. San Fernando, Cebu Vice Mayor Franz Cabilao Sabalones
41. Talitay, Maguindanao Vice Mayor Abdulwahad M. Sabal
42. Datu Saudi Ampatuan, Maguindanao Vice Mayor Anida A. Dimaukom
43. Marawi City Vice Mayor Arafat Alim Salic
44. Maguing, Lanao del Sur Vice Mayor Jamal Abinal Pangandamun
45. Datu Montawal Vice Mayor Ohto Caumbo Montawal
46. Rizal Province Board Member Rommel Cruz Ayuson