Duterte says Trump wants to keep VFA: Sabi ko ayaw ko
By Prince Golez
United States (US) President Donald Trump is trying to save Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA) between the US and the Philippines, President Rodrigo Duterte said Monday.
Duterte issued this remark during his meeting with the country’s local chief executives at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City.
“I’ll make it public. Si Trump and others are trying to save the Visiting Forces Agreement. Sabi ko ayaw ko. Napakabastos ng Amerikano. Talagang sobrang bastos,” according to the President.
“Imagine demanding the release of de Lima under threat that we will not receive the aid at may colatilla that all persons who’ve had a hand in the imprisonment of de Lima will not be allowed to go to the United States. P*tang i*na. Ano bang nasa America p*tang i*a at ganunin mo ako? What is there in America?” he added.
Friday last week, Malacañang said that Duterte instructed Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea to ask the Department of Foreign Affairs to notify the US on the VFA termination.
In January, the President threatened to cancel the VFA after the US government canceled Senator Ronald dela Rosa’s visa.