Duterte to announce Metro Manila’s new quarantine status on Monday
By Prince Golez
President Rodrigo Duterte will announce the new quarantine classifications for Metro Manila and other nearby provinces on August 17, his spokesman said.
According to Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque, the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases already has recommendations for all other provinces and cities after August 15.
“Inaasahan po natin na mag-memensahe sa taumbayan muli ang ating Presidente sa August 17 kung saan iaannusyo rin nya kung ano ang mga bagong classification,” Roque said in virtual presser Thursday.
“Ang ending sa Metro Manila ng MECQ (modified enhanced community quarantine) ay sa 18th, 17th po asahan niyo po sasabihin ng Pangulo kung ano ang classification sa Metro Manila at sa mga karatig na probinsya,” he added.
The secretary previously said an MECQ extension over the National Capital Region and the provinces of Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal would be “highly unlikely” as this could negatively affect the economy.