President Rodrigo Duterte has received the initial report of the of the review on the killings that took place in over 5,000 illegal drugs operations, Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said on Monday (Jan. 11).
“The initial report dated 29 Dec, 2020 has just been submitted to the Office of the President,” he said.
“Let’s give him time to pore over it,” said Guevarra who refused to give details of its contents.
Back in June, Guevarra told the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) that the Department of Justice (DOJ) is leading an inter-agency panel that has been reviewing 5,655 illegal drugs operations where killings took place.
Though he earlier promised to have the full report by November last year, Guevarra said the release of the full report remains on track.
“Our efforts have been severely hampered by current restrictions on mobility and physical access to records,” he said.
“Much collaborative work remains to be done,” he added.