The bible of Philippine politics

Kuwait calls Locsin’s ‘blood for blood’ tweet a threat: Bawiin mo sinabi mo!

0 4,092

A ranking Kuwaiti government official slammed Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro “Teddyboy” Locsin Jr. Monday (January 27) for saying that the only way to give justice to slain Filipina worker Jeanelyn Villavende is by taking the lives of her employers.

The state-run Kuwaiti News Agency (KUNA) quoted Kuwaiti Deputy Foreign Minister Khaled Al-Jarallah as saying that Locsin’s remark constitutes “a major transgression on the jurisdictions of the security and judicial authorities’ of Kuwait.

“We see this statement as a threat from an official figure,” Al-Jarallah said. KUNA said the minister wanted Locsin to “reconsider” his statement.

Locsin tweeted last week that the Department of Foreign Affairs will not settle Villavende’s death through the payment of “blood money.”

“All I care about is blood for blood,” he said.

An earlier report from KUNA quoted an “official source” within the Kuwaiti Ministry of Foreign Affairs as saying that Locsin’s statement “represents an attempt to influence the ongoing investigations.”

There are reports claiming that Villavende’s family rejected the P59-million offer of blood money.

Results of the National Bureau of Investigation’s (NBI) autopsy on Villavende’s body showed she was sexually abused and beaten in the weeks or months prior to her death.

The 26-year-old Villavende’s male employer was said to be a Kuwaiti government official.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy