Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra on Monday (Jan. 18) assured that the mobile phones of persons of interest in the ongoing investigation of the alleged rape-slay case of flight attendant Christine Dacera will also be subjected to close scrutiny.
Guevarra made the assurance after 12 persons of interest in the case appeared before investigators of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) last week.
“The NBI digital forensic team will now proceed to examine the data in the mobile phones of the persons of interest,” the secretary said.
On the other hand, Guevarra reported that the NBI has already finished its forensic examination on the remains of Dacera.
“The NBI has completed its forensic examination of tissues obtained from the subject’s remains,” he said.
“It is currently coordinating with the Makati Medical Center on related issues,” he added.
Dacera, who was found unconscious on Jan. 1 in the bath tub of her hotel room in Makati City, was rushed to the Makati Medical Center but was declared dead on arrival.