Marco Polo goals? Medialdea can’t resist joining Duterte on Israel-Jordan junket
The way he has been logging in the miles, Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea might just be the most traveled “Little President” ever.
As Executive Secretary, Medialdea’s main responsibility is to remain behind whenever President Rodrigo Duterte goes abroad for an extended period for a state visit. Medialdea should be responsible for running Malacanang’s day-to-day operations and signing important documents for Duterte.
But how can he do this when he is part of Duterte’s travelling posse to Israel and Jordan from September 2 to 8.
Medialdea’s predecessors Paquito Ochoa in the Aquino administration and Eduardo Ermita in the Arroyo days never joined foreign junkets during their watch.
So it was a big surprise that Medialdea was number one on the list of Duterte ‘s official 18-member delagation which includes:
1) Foregn Aiars Secretary Alan Cayetano
2) Labor Secretary Bebot Bello
3) Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana
4) Trade Secretary Mon Lopez
5) Environment Secretary Roy Cimatu
6) Transportation Secretary Art Tugade
7) Energy Secretary Al Cusi
8) Security Adviser Hermogenes Esperon
9) Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque
10) Special Assistant Bong Go
11) Adviser Francis Tolentino
12) Senator Richard Gordon
13) Interior Undersecretary Eduardo Ano
14) Elson Hermogino
15) Lloyd Christopher Lao
16) Nathaniel Imperial
17) Ma. Agnes Cervantes
Duterte has assigned Medialdea’s protege, Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra, as caretaker.
Medialdea ws also part of Duterte’s foreign trips to Japan and Russia.
See related stories: