The bible of Philippine politics

MWSS manhid! Water regulator exec claims he can’t open Maynilad-Manila Water bypass despite ex-employee’s proposal

0 2,191

POLITIKO - The bible of Philippine Politics

The Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS) would rather sit on the water crisis affecting parts of Metro Manila and Rizal despite a former employee’s simple proposal to restore Manila Water’s supply back to normal.

In a Facebook post that has since been deleted, MWSS chief regulator Patrick Ty said he “definitely” cannot order the opening of the bypass regulating the water supply of concessionaires Manila Water and Maynilad.

“I have been getting msgs for me to open the ‘bypass’ that will allegedly solvve the problem with water in the east zone. For the record, Im not in charge of the ‘bypass.’ I did not order it closed and I definitely can’t order it open,” he said.

Opening the bypass was suggested by former MWSS employee Angel Salazar in response to an earlier post by Ty explaining the crisis.

Kumikita sa krisis! MWSS restricting supply to Manila Water for Maynilad-MVP’s benefit, says…

Screenshots of their Facebook exchange, which were posted by netizen Myles Jamito, have gone viral.

Salazar, who claimed to have worked at MWSS for 30 years, said opening the bypass will solve the water crisis since it will allow Manila Water to have additional supply from Angat Dam.

He accused MWSS of closing the bypass to favor Maynilad.

“Pinasara ng MWSS board ito para lahat ng tubig pumunta ng maynilad kaya natuyo la mesa dam. Kung bakit inutos ng mwss ito, your guess is as good as mine,” Salazar said.

Salazar, whose Facebook profile identifies him as a civil engineering graduate of the University of Santo Tomas, said Maynilad prefers the bypass closed “because they could not draw more than their allocation if this is open.”

Under the concession agreement, Maynilad, which is owned by businessman Manny V. Pangilinan, gets 60 percent of the supply from Angat Dam while Manila Water gets the remaining 40 percent.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy