Nanuhol eh! Cardema may be liable for graft, Gabriela party list solon says
By JOHN CARLO M. CAHINHINAN
Disqualified Duterte Youth Party-list first nominee Ronald Cardema may still be held liable for graft amidst his formal withdrawal to represent the pro-administration group in the House of Representatives, Party-list Cong. Arlene Brosas of Gabriela said.
“Yes, puwede pa rin siya makasuhan,” said Brosas.
Brosas said Cardema only incriminated himself after he claimed that a veteran lady solon allegedly assisted him and acted as his “bagwoman” who delivered a P2-million bribe money to Commissioner Rowena Guanzon of the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) in exchange for a favorable vote over the questionable accreditation of Duterte Youth.
But Brosas said she and other members of the Makabayan Bloc are still studying if they will pursue criminal charges against Cardema, although she noted that every citizen has to right to charge the former National Youth Commission (NYC) chair before any courts in the country.
On Monday, the embattled Cardema finally gave up his dream of becoming a congressman after he was disqualified last month by the poll body due to his questionable qualification as the primary nominee of Duterte Youth.
Cardema, 34, earlier this month was disqualified by COMELEC as nominee of Duterte Youth for being beyond the age limit set by the law on party-list representatives for the youth sector—25 to 30 years old on election day.
In his notice of withdrawal, Cardema accused Guanzon of using her office “as a Commissioner-Judge to show clear bias and to harass us daily in the media.”
Cardema said Guanzon “try slander and destroy” his group’s reputation in the public.
For her part, Guanzon advised Cardema to seek the help of a psychiatrist for being “obsessed.”
“Hoy Cardamak, ako na naman?!!! obsessed ka na, mag pa psychiatrist ka na, totoy,” said Guanzon in his Twitter post.