Narealize na niya? Mike D. retracts apology demand from Ping
By JOHN CARLO M. CAHINHINAN
Party-list Cong. Mike Defensor said he would no longer demand an apology from Sen. Panfilo Lacson over accusations of alleged presence of Pork Barrel Funds for congressman in the proposed P4.1-trillion national budget for 2020.
“Ako naman hindi na ko hihingi o magde-demand ng apology kay Sen. Ping. Nagsalita siya kanina sa interview,” said Defensor during Tuesday’s news forum.
In a television interview, Lacson vowed to scrutinize the approved General Appropriations Bill (GAB) under House Bill No. 4228 after it was formally transmitted by the House of Representatives to the Senate on Tuesday.
Lacson and some congressmen particularly Defensor, former Majority Floor Leader Fredenil Castro (Capiz) and Minority Floor Leader Bienvenido Abante (Manila) last week engaged in a heated word war over the alleged existence of Pork Barrel Funds in the approved GAB.
Lacson claimed that each congressman under the House-approved 2020 GAB will receive at least P700 million allotment for their respective districts and constituents.
Defensor earlier stressed that it’s unfair for Lacson to accused the House of malicious allegations since the GAB then wasn’t transmitted yet in the Senate.
But with the GAB now finally in the Upper House, Defensor said he is now hopeful that Lacson will constructively scrutinize every line item projects written there,
“I would like to assure the good Senator and the Senate of the Philippines na hindi lang masaya ang Kongreso kundi pati kayo sasaya sa ginawang trabaho ng budget sa Kongreso,” said Defensor.