Nat’l post in 2022: Bongbong eyes political comeback
Former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. will not wait for the results of his election protest and intends to run in the 2022 elections.

Nat’l post in 2022: Bongbong eyes political comeback

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. will not wait for the results of his election protest and intends to run in the 2022 elections.

“He will be seeking for a national elective post this coming 2022 elections,” said Marcos spokesman Atty. Victor Rodriguez on Thursday (Oct. 1).

Marcos has a pending election protest before the Supreme Court (SC) sitting as Presidential Electoral Tribunal (PET) questioning his loss against Vice President Leni Robredo in the 2016 elections.

“The election protest will continue even when he files his certificate of candidacy and will not be dismissed following the doctrine laid down by the Supreme Court in the case of the late Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago that only upon oath and assumption of the protestant of his/her new elective office that dismissal of the pending electoral protest will set in and render the case moot and academic or by noon of 30 June 2022 when the term of the contested position shall end as provided for by the Constitution,” Rodriguez said.

Recently, Rodriguez only saw the latest action of the PET as delaying the resolution of the Marcos election protest.

The PET last Tuesday (Sept. 29) asked the Commission on Elections (Comelec) and the Office of the Solicitor General (OSG) for comments concerning the third cause of action in the Marcos protest concerning the annulment of elections in Lanao Del Sur, Basilan and Maguindanao.

“Considering the very thin time left in the term of the contested position, our protest is under real threat of becoming moot and academic by events leading to 2022 such as the filing of candidacy, campaign and national election that would reduce the clamor and right of the people to know who really won the vice presidency illusory,” Rodriguez previously said.

Leave a Comment

POLITIKO / Live!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on reddit
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

POLITIKO / Across the Nation

POLITIKO / Latest News

Trending News

MCD MULTI MEDIA/ Network

  • “Isang tao lang si Anna. Same with Satan. Si Satan binigyan ng apple si Eve” – Parlade

    Itinuring ni Lt. Gen. Antonio Parlade Jr., spokesperson ng National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC), na kapareho ng ‘Forbidden Fruit’ sa Bibliya ang pagsulputan ng mga community pantry sa bansa na pinasimulan ni Ana Patricia Non sa Maginhawa St., Quezon City. The post “Isang tao lang si Anna. Same with Satan. Si Satan binigyan ng apple si Eve” – Parlade first appeared on NewsKo.

Weekly Sports News

  • LOOK: Ginebra To Sport New Name, Jersey

    Change is coming for Ginebra in the upcoming PBA season. The post LOOK: Ginebra To Sport New Name, Jersey appeared first on FASTBREAK.com.ph.

  • PNVF holds national team tryouts in Subic

    THE Philippine National Volleyball Federation (PNVF) will hold a three-day national team tryouts in a bubble environment later this month in Subic, according to PNVF President Ramon “Tats” Suzara. The post PNVF holds national team tryouts in Subic appeared first on FASTBREAK.com.ph.

  • Kobe Paras waves goodbye to UP

    Kobe Paras has officially bid his farewell to the University of the Philippines Fighting Maroons. The post Kobe Paras waves goodbye to UP appeared first on FASTBREAK.com.ph.

Sign up for our Newsletter

We are a social news blog where politikos, their kin, friends and allies are the center of the universe. We write about their words and deeds, likes and dislikes, dreams and fears. We are here to entertain, provoke and hopefully inform you along the way.

Disclaimer